Three day practical course led by Julian Faulkner of Small Earth - click here for more details
Learn the principles and practice of how to build with earth using Super Adobe. We will be using technology devised by Iranian Cal-Earth architect Nader Khalili to build rammed earth structures.
Known as Super Adobe this form of building allows for the creation of earth domes which are environmentally friendly, ecologically sound, versatile, affordable, flood, fire and earthquake resistant with brilliant sound and thermal insulation.
- Introduction to essential principles
- Hands-on Foundations construction
- Available natural materials
- Building and working with earth
- On-site conditions
- Bench building
- Earth stabilization techniques
- Plastering and finishes